Introduction to Programming
https://marcoperessotti.com/ (course responsible)
| Office hours
The course provides an academic basis for solving problems by modelling and implementing computer programs.
At the end of this course, the student is expected to have the following competences:
- design models for concrete problems;
- devise a program structure based on the model;
- implement the planned program in the concrete programming language used;
- find and use adequate elements in the program library belonging to the language;
- plan and execute a testing of the program;
- design and implement recursive solutions of problems;
- design and implement abstract data types;
- use basic tree structures and algorithms for these.
- The basic structuring tools sequence, repetition, conditional instruction and procedure.
- Fundamental data structures such as lists, dictionaries, and trees.
- Structured programming techniques, including examples and applications.
- Recursion and recursive data structures.
- Examples of abstract data types and their realization.